DIY Nano App
The DIY Nano app (for iPhones) and DIY Nano HD (for iPads) allows families to experience and learn about nanoscale science, engineering, and technology at home or on the go!
The apps provide free, easy to use, hands-on activities at your fingertips. Each activity includes material lists, step-by-step instructions, and detailed explanations. The activity materials are widely available and inexpensive, and you probably have many of them in your own home. Our app includes links to family friendly videos and helps you browse the whatisnano.org public website for more information, activities, and videos.
Link to App Store
- download DIY Nano App for iPhones: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/diy-nano/id520611568?ls=1&mt=8
- download DIY Nano App HD for iPads: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/diy-nano-hd/id628518037?mt=8
- Why doesn't the app work on my mobile device?
DIY Nano (for iPhones) is currently compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd to 5th generation. DIY Nano HD (for iPads) is compatible with all iPad models. Requires iOS 5.0 or later.
- Why can’t I view the videos?
Make sure you’re connected to the internet via wi-fi to get the best video experience as we stream from YouTube! and Vimeo. If you’re using an iPad, make sure to download the DIY Nano HD App as the iPhone version of DIY Nano may have problems with embedded videos.
- Can I send the DIY activities to a friend?
Go to www.whatisnano.org then click the DIY Nano tab. Downloadable PDFs for all the DIY activities can be found there.
- If you have any technical support issues with the app or have any suggestions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Link for Educators including science education standards:
The DIY Nano app was created by the Nanoscale Informal Science Education Network (NISE Network) supported by the National Science Foundation under Award Numbers 0532536 and 0940143.